Guidelines for FIT India Quiz Login and Registration
The Fit India Movement was launched by the Hon’ble Prime Minister in August 2019 with a vision of encouraging every Indian citizen to adopt a physically active lifestyle. Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports (MYAS) is the nodal ministry for implementing the Fit India Movement in coordination with other stakeholders. The aim of Fit India Movement is to encourage the citizens to include physical activity in their daily lives and to showcase the ease of simplicity of doing activities which can make them fit. In a bid to increase awareness about the importance of physical fitness in our daily lives, the Fit India Mission has conceptualised and conducted multiple events and campaigns. Fit India Movement has been able to mark its presence in more than 4 lakhs schools across the country through Annual Fit India School Week Celebrations and Fit India School certifications.
To further propagate the message of Fit India Movement among the school children and strengthen its presence in schools, a Fit India Quiz has been envisioned to involve school children across the country. Fit India Quiz, while providing a national platform to students to showcase their knowledge about fitness and sports, also endeavours to create awareness among students about India’s rich sporting history, including centuries-old indigenous sports, our sporting heroes of the past and how traditional lifestyle activities hold the key to a Fit Life for all.
Structure of Fit India Quiz
The Fit India Quiz is primed to be the first-of-its-kind nation-wide quiz on fitness and sports for school children. The quiz will have representations from every State/UT in the country and will be a mix of online and broadcast rounds. The quiz format has been designed in an inclusive manner wherein school students from across the country will get an opprotunity to test their fitness and sports knowledge against their peers. The quiz will be open for students from all age group, but the questions shall be framed in a way that can be easily answered by students of class 8 and above.
Following table provides the summary of phase/rounds involved in the Fit India Quiz:
|REGISTRATION AND SCHOOL ROUND||
|PRELIMINARY ROUND (NTA ROUND)||
The questions in the State and National rounds will also include audio-visual and image-based questions to make the quiz interactive and interesting. Preliminary round will also having image-based questions. The Quiz will have questions from multiple themes as outlined below.
- History of Indian Sports, Traditional Sports and Games, Yoga, Personalities etc
- Fitness topics with special emphasis on Indian traditional fitness methods.
- Olympics, Commonwealth Games, Asian Games, Khelo India Games and other popular sports.
The State and National rounds of the quiz will have innovative concepts such as ‘phone a teacher/parent, Ask an Expert, Flip a Question, Trump Card etc. to make it fun, interactive and engaging for the audience. The quiz will also have multi-formats featuring buzzer rounds and audio/video recognition round, etc.
Prize Structures for Fit India Quiz
The Fit India quiz provides an opportunity for schools and students win cash prizes worth more than Rs 3 Crore. The detailed prize structure for the Fit India Quiz is as below:
|Fit India Quiz Budget Estimate|
|Prize money to winners|
|Particulars||Cash Prize for schools (in INR)||Cash prize for students*(in INR)|
|1st Runner Up-National Round||15,00,000||1,50,000|
|2nd Runner Up-National Round||10,00,000||1,00,000|
|State/UT Champion **||2,50,000||25,000|
|State/UT 1st Runner Up**||1,00,000||10,000|
|State/UT 2nd Runner Up**||50,000||5,000|
|State qualifiers after NTA round***||15,000||2,000|
|Cash prizes to teachers, principals and parents who will be part of the quiz in various rounds*||9,69,000|
|Total Prize money ————-||3,25,00,000|
It is suggested that the cash prize may be utilized only for the purpose of promotion of sports and fitness
*Awarded to team of 2 students
**Awarded to each State/UT
***Awarded to qualified schools for state round
# Subjected to nature of rounds included in the State and National Rounds
Tentative Timeline for the Fit India Quiz
|S.No.||Activity||Start Date||End Date|
|1||Launch of Fit India Quiz||August 29,2022|
|2||Registrations||September 3, 2022||October 15, 2022|
|3||Preliminary of NTA Round (including mock tests conducted by NTA)||Nov 5, 2022 to Nov 10, 2022|
|4||State Round||December 10, 2022||December 31, 2022|
|5||National Round||January/February 2023|
Role of Schools
- The schools will be the key drivers for the propagation and promotion of the quiz within their respective schools which shall be essential for the greater success and participation from students.
- The schools will be responsible for registering minimum two students for the quiz on the Fit India website and shall ensure fair selection process being carried out for the identifying the students.
- The schools to pay the require registration fee per student.
- The qualified school must nominate an additional student from the respective school as quiz partner, based on their discretion, for the State Round to form a team of two quizzers.
- The schools to adhere to the guidelines as available on the Fit India website.
- Schools to make necessary arrangements in case of travel etc for the students.
Role of States/UTs
- States/UTs to ensure wide publicity to Fit India Quiz and encourage to the schools to register and participate in the Fit India Quiz. The information on Fit India Quiz to be shared with all the schools in the state to ensure maximum participation.
- State/UTs to conduct State round in respective states with the support of Fit India Mission and select state/UT champion for National round.
- Event Management agency will be finalised by FIT India Mission.
Role of Fit India Mission
Fit India Mission under Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, Government of India shall be the chief benefactor for the Fit India Quiz and shall provide all necessary financial support and guidance to the stakeholders. The Fit India Mission will co-ordinate with the concerned state departments and facilitate in providing guidelines and defining SOPs at various stages of the Fit India Quiz.